Wednesday, February 3, 2010

5. StrokeDance at Heide's Reunion

Hi Everyone,

At Heide's Reunion, the main event was at St. Paul's University in Iloilo. I contributed to the event with my "StrokeDance" real-time performance software.


Here's a speaker who was unaware why he was suddenly getting applause at odd times in his talk. He couldn't see the screens on both sides of the stage that showed him projected onto a teapot within a cube.



Here's a video of the Dinagyang Dancers performing. The opening frame is how they appeared on a cube. Dinagyang is a typical ancestral / tribal dance and ceremony celebrated yearly in January in this particular region of the Philippines called the Visayas. They danced both in the audience and on the stage.



Here's members of the Cor-Jessie nurses receiving awards for the fiftieth anniversary of their graduation from St. Paul's University. (I failed to upload the video which included a video of the skit that they performed on-stage. This looks like an overnight task. I'll do this when I have better internet access.)


In the evening there was a dinner / dance event. Heide gave a wonderfully inspiration twenty-minute talk. This is the video I made of their dancing. The Cor-Jessie's had SO much fun at this event. (Due to the struggles I had uploading the first two videos, I'll wait until I get better internet access to upload this one. Sorry.)

After my "StrokeDance" contribution, the president of St. Paul's University approached me and asked if I would give a talk and presentation to the students. Our time in Iloilo was limited however. If we return that's an option that could be fun.


Duane and Heide

1 comment:

  1. What a fantastic experience you are having! I loved the house, and the reunion and your technology were great ! I am looking forward to more.
    I am going to Turkey Feb 25-March 16. Will follow from there.
    Love, Rosie

    ReplyDelete